If today’s cold, rainy weather is any indication, winter is coming. And if you live in an old house with poor window seals like me, you need to get creative when it comes to staying warm. Luckily, this creamy crockpot hot chocolate does the trick. It literally warms your body from the inside out.
And I know it’s still only November, but since everyone is already freaking out over the Starbucks Christmas cups and playing Christmas music on the radio, I think it’s okay for me to mention that this recipe is simple and easy to make for holiday parties. This way you can commit to bringing a dish, but still put in very little effort. It’s a win-win!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- marshmallows (because, well, duh)
How You’ll Make It:
- Combine all of your ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- Whisk the mixture every so often until the chocolate chips have all melted.
- While cooking it on low heat is enough to melt the chocolate chips, the coco itself was lukewarm. You can try putting it on high heat for the first or last hour so it will stay warmer when you dish it out to your guests. I popped my mug in the microwave for 30 secs.
- If you have leftovers, I dished out the remaining hot coco into containers and let it cool to room temperature. Then you can pop it in the fridge and heat it up at your leisure! Make sure to stir it when its cold before heating it up in the microwave to redistribute all the goodness.